INVITATION TO BID
DECK REPLACEMENT and ACCESSIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS
Sealed bids, in duplicate, will be received by the Board of Park Commissioners of Great Parks of Hamilton County at the Winton Centre, 10245 Winton Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231 for the Lake Isabella Deck Replacement and Accessibility Improvement project, located at street 10174 Loveland Madeira Road, Loveland, Ohio 45140, as set forth in the Drawings and Specifications.
The Base Bid for the Deck Replacement and Accessibility Improvements consists of:
1. Removal of existing wood decking and framing
2. Repair of existing deck framing as directed by the engineer
3. Installation of composite decking
4. Construction of an accessible ramp, stairs and galvanized steel railings
5. Construction of concrete walks
6. Construction of drainage pipe
7. Construction of stone riprap and landscape stone
Alternate (ALT) C-1 - Gangways and Floating Dock Repair consists of:
1. Removal of gangways and floating dock from lake
2. Gangway and floating dock metal cleaning, repair and coating
3. Gangway and floating dock wood decking removal
4. Installation of composite decking at gangways and floating dock
5. Reinstallation of the gangways and floating dock in the lake
Alternate (ALT) C-2 - Gangway and Floating Dock Steel Repair consists of:
1. Removal and replacement of corroded steel in the gangways and floating dock structures and connections
Alternate (ALT) C-3 - Light Pole, Railing and Door Electrostatic Painting consists of:
1. Sanding, cleaning, masking and electrostatically painting light poles, railings and Boathouse exterior doors
Each bid must be submitted in a sealed envelope and clearly designated on the outside of envelope with the project name. Bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud at time 10 a.m. on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at the Winton Centre.
A Pre-Bid Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 11 a.m. at the project site.
Bidding Documents may be viewed at McGraw-Hill Construction Dodge and ACI plan rooms. The legal advertisement may be viewed at www.greatparks.org.
Bidding documents shall be obtained from ARC Document Solutions, 7157 East Kemper Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45249, 513-326-2300, at contractor’s expense (no refunds).
Contracts for work under this bid will obligate all Contractors to comply with prevailing wage rates established by the Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Industrial Compliance, Bureau of Wage and Hour Administration.
Proposals shall be accompanied by a Bid Guarantee and Performance Bond meeting the requirements of Sec. 153.54 & 153.571 O.R.C. executed by a surety company authorized to do business in the State of Ohio in the full amount of the proposal, including add alternates. In lieu of a bid bond, a certified check may be substituted, payable to the Owner in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the proposal amount, including add alternates. No proposal may be withdrawn for a period of sixty days after the bid opening date.
Great Parks of Hamilton County reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
Cincinnati, Ohio. January 10, 2018.
Electronic or sealed proposals will be received at the Hamilton County Purchasing Department, 507 Administration Bldg., 138 East Court St., Cincinnati, OH 45202, until 11:00 A.M. on February 07, 2018 and will be read at that time for ITB# 005-18 – Vegetation Control.
Proposal forms, specifications, etc. may be obtained upon application at the Hamilton County Purchasing Department, or they may be electronically retrieved by accessing the following web site: http://www.hamilton-co.org/purchasing/.
Cincinnati, Ohio. January 10, 2018.